The FastPrep-24™ 5G Instrument is a high-speed benchtop homogenizer offering the ultimate in speed and performance for the lysis of biological samples. Indeed, simultaneous homogenization of up to 24 samples takes place within 40 seconds.
The FastPrep-24™ 5G Instrument uses a unique, optimized motion to disrupt cells through the multidirectional, simultaneous beating of specialized Lysing Matrix beads on the sample material. Developed for difficult and resistant samples, the FastPrep-24™ 5G Instrument lyses thoroughly and quickly any tissues and cells and thus allows easy and reproducible isolation of stable RNA, active proteins and full-length genomic DNA.
Samples and buffers are added to a 2.0 mL Lysing Matrix tube containing specialized Lysing Matrix beads. The ergonomic design of the instrument ensures an easy loading of the sample tubes that remains securely sealed during the processing. The homogenization speed and duration times are manually programmed using a touch screen visual display. After setting your speed and time with the touch of a button, just push "run", and in less than a minute your samples are completely lysed!
The touch screen software based interface also includes a wide range of predefined programs designed for optimal setting of routinely run sample types.
The FastPrep-24™ 5G is the only available homogenizer with 9 interchangeable adapters which allows a unique versatility in sample number, size and temperature conditions. All optional adapters stand stable on the benchtop and are commonly used as tube racks for sample storage at -20°C or -80°C. Frozen Lysing Matrix tubes loaded in the adapters are ready to be immediately processed in the FastPrep-24™ 5G with minimal hands-on manipulation.
A wide range of specialized Lysing Matrix tubes containing beads of different materials, sizes and shapes have been tailored to guarantee thorough homogenization of any sample.
High performance purification kits, when used in conjunction with the FastPrep-24™ 5G, provide simple, ready-to-use methods for the release and subsequent purification of DNA, RNA and proteins.
The Most Advanced Sample Preparation System Available!
Delivering the most DNA, RNA and Proteins from the most resistant samples in less than 40 seconds.
* Intuitive Software, User-Friendly Touch Screen
* Highest speed and Most Power
* Shortest Processing
* Widest range of adapters for sample flexibility
* Highest yield of DNA, RNA and Proteins
* Process any tissue or cellular sample type with highest quality results
* Interface: Touch screen interface, landscape position Screen size: 151.5 mm ± 0.5 mm x 85.5 mm ± 0.5 mm
* Controls: Programmable settings for speed, adapter, time, lysing matrix, quantity, cycles, pause timeTime
* Time: 1 to 120 seconds in 1 second increments
* Speed: 4 to 10 m/sec in 0.5 m/sec increments
* Cycles: 1 to 9 cycles
* Adapter(s): Standard QuickPrep 24 x 2 mL tube holder; additional tube holders available
* Pause Time: 1 to 300 second pause between cycle in 1 second increments; default 300 seconds