The Synergy 2 is BioTek's high-performance multi-mode plate reader designed for the life science research and drug discovery markets.
Its fluorescence detection system uses deep blocking filters and dichroic mirrors for the best level of performance in research and screening applications.
The dedicated absorbance detection system is monochromator-based, providing the best level of flexibility in this read mode. And, by utilizing dedicated optical elements for each individual detection technique, Synergy 2 offers uncompromised performance and the lowest limits of detection.
Detection modes include Fluorescence Intensity, Fluorescence Polarization, Time-Resolved Fluorescence, AlphaScreen, Luminescence and UV-visible Absorbance.
Its three broad-spectrum light sources have been chosen for optimal illumination and excitation in all applications.
The Synergy 2 is controlled by BioTek's Gen5™ Reader Control and Data Analysis Software, is certified for HTRF®, DLR™ and LanthaScreen™, and is compatible with AlphaScreen assays.
* Measurement Modes: Fluorescense Intensity, Time-Resolved Fluorescence, Fluorescence Polarization, Alpha, Glow and Flash Luminescence, UV-Vis Absorbance, FRET, TR-FRET, BRET, Area Scanning, Spectral Scanning
* Unique Optical System: a narrow band monochromator, optimized filter/dichroic mirror pairing, and three broad spectrum light sources achieve superior performance in all read modes
* Compatible with Take3 Micro-Volume Plate: sixteen 2 µL microspots for low volume DNA/RNA 260 nm measurements. Saves precious samples, very fast and simple process.
* High Sensitivity: dedicated optical elements optimized for each specific modality result in the lowest limits of detection available in one compact instrument
* Modular Design: purchase only what you need and easily upgrade later as experimental requirements expand
* High Throughput: optimized for screening assays including 1536-well read mode
* Wide Range of Applications: with built-in temperature control, shaking, and optional dual reagent injector, virtually any microplate-based application is possible
* Screening assays (e.g. fluorescence polarization, TR-FRET, luminescence)
* Binding assays
* Ion channel assays
* Quantitative assays (DNA, protein)
* Kinetic assays
* Gene expression assays (GFP, Luciferase)
* ELISA assays
* Cell proliferation, Cytotoxicity
* High Performance Screening Assays: The Synergy 2 is used in screening laboratories with all the major assay technologies such as:
* Cisbio International's HTRF® TR-FRET assays
* Invitrogen Corporation's LanthaScreen™, PolarScreen™, Omnia™, Z'-Lyte®, GeneBLAzer®, VSP ion channel assays
* AlphaScreen® and LANCE™ assays from Perkin Elmer, Inc.
* Promega Corporation’s Glo® and flash luminescent assays
* Gen5™ Software: Synergy 2 is driven by the most powerful and efficient microplate control, data collection and analysis software available today
Synergy™ HTX Multi-Mode Microplate Reader is a compact, affordable system for 6- to 384-well microplates and Take3 Micro-Volume Plates. Absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence and AlphaScreen®/ AlphaLISA® measurements are all made using a unique dual-optics design that provides superior performance. The absorbance detection optics uses a xenon flash lamp and monochromator for filter-free wavelength selection from 200 to 999 nm in 1 nm increments. Fluorescence determinations are made using a tungsten halogen lamp with interference filters in conjunction with a PMT detector for maximum sensitivity. Synergy HTX also features BioTek’s unique 4-Zone™ incubation to 50 ºC, dual reagent injector, plus linear and orbital shaking to meet a wide variety of assay requirements. Synergy HTX is controlled by the easy-to-use, yet powerful, Gen5 Data Analysis Software for data collection, analysis, exporting and reporting. For increased workflow automation and throughput, BioTek’s BioStack can be easily connected to Synergy HTX to automatically process up to 50 microplates at a time. For convenience, versatility and affordability, Synergy HTX is the ideal multi-mode microplate reader.
* Flexibility of monochromator based absorbance with high performance filter-based fluorescence/luminescence
* Low volume (2 µL) nucleic acid and protein quantification with Take3 Micro-Volume Plates
* Cell friendly orbital shaking and advanced 4-Zone™ incubator design to 50 °C with condensation control
* Dual reagent injectors for inject/read applications, such as enzyme kinetics and Dual-Luciferase® Reporter
* AlphaScreen®/AlphaLISA® assay capable
* Modular and upgradable
* Powerful Gen5 Software for reader control and all date reduction needs
* Advanced shaking profiles including linear and orbital
* Compatible with BioStack and 3rd party automation
* Cold room (4 °C or 10 °C) compatible