BioTek’s PowerWave HT microplate spectrophotometer is designed for use in a myriad of applications, from direct quantitation of nucleic acids using automated pathlength correction to full-scale high throughput operations that demand speed, accuracy and reliability.
With rugged hardware, proven optical performance and a very small footprint, the PowerWave HT is uniquely designed to provide the most application flexibility while saving space both on the benchtop and in automated systems.
Gen5 Data Analysis software comes with PowerWave HT, providing unsurpassed power and versatility.
Use PowerWave HT for applications requiring low UV measurements, such as direct DNA quantitation and purity testing, RNA quantitation, as well as basic ELISA’s, enzyme kinetics, colorimetric assays, spectral scanning and many other applications
* No Interference Filters Required
Monochromator optical design provides continuous wavelength selection from 200 nm to 999 nm. Measuring wavelengths can be selected in 1 nm increments to meet all assay requirements – it’s like having 800 filters built in! Spectral scanning capability allows quick determination of peak wavelengths in unknown solutions.
* Microplate Types 96 and 384-well plates measured. In addition, the PowerWave HT can also read up to 8 of BioTek’s patented Bio-Cell™ quartz vessels for fixed 1 cm measurements.
* Fast Reading Speed
Using “on the fly” technology, an entire 96-well plate can be read as few as 5 seconds.
* Temperature Control and Microplate Shaking
BioTek’s 4-Zone™ temperature control is a standard feature with the PowerWave HT. BioTek microplate readers use a natural convection system rather than a forced hot air system. This reduces evaporation in the microplate across its broad temperature range of 4° above ambient to 50°C. In the reading chamber, the microplate is completely surrounded by four independently controlled heaters ensuring low variation across the microplate. Users select from four shaking intensities and can define shake time for controlled agitation.
* Robotics Compatible
The PowerWave HT's small footprint makes it ideal for robotic systems. The carrier is designed for easy robot gripper access. PowerWave HT is compatible with BioStack 3 and BioStack.
* Gen5™ Data Analysis Software included with all models.
PowerWave HT: 200-999 nm, 96- and 384-well plate reading with programmable shaking and temperature control from ambient +4°C to 50°C
Epoch 2 microplate spectrophotometer combines modern touchscreen technology with excellent performance for UV-Vis measurements in 6- to 384-well microplates, cuvettes and in micro-volume samples with the available Take3 plate.
No need to worry about limited on-board software, since Epoch 2 comes with full function Gen5 software, ready to read and analyze data at the touch of the screen!
For maximum versatility, Epoch 2 reads from 200 nm to 999 nm in 1 nm increments for single, dual and multi-wavelength measurements in endpoint and kinetic read methods. Spectral scanning and well area scanning add to the system's wide-ranging applications. For cell-based and other temperature sensitive assays, Epoch 2's 4-Zone™ incubation extends to 65 °C and offers the unique condensation control to prevent condensation on plate lids. A variety of data output options are available, including WiFi, Bluetooth and a USB flash drive, making Epoch 2 a fully contained microplate spectrophotometer workstation.
* UV-Vis wavelength selection in 6- to 384-well plates, cuvettes and 2 µL micro-volume samples
* Large color touchscreen with available WiFi, Bluetooth and flash drive connectivity
* Full Gen5 Data Analysis Software on-board, or via Gen5 on an external pc Advanced incubator design to 65 °C with condensation control
* Compatible with BioStack and 3rd party automation
Epoch™ has a monochromator-base UV-Vis wavelength selection, offering expanded options for the life science laboratory without using interference filters, building in inherent cost savings.
With its 200 nm to 999 nm wavelength range and 6- to 384- microplate reading capability, controlled with the Gen5 Data Analysis software interface, Epoch fills a void in today’s laboratory through smart design and superior features.
This robust, low maintenance microplate spectrophotometer ensures even greater value over time. BioStack and 3rd party automation capability is available with the optional Epoch R model.
* 200 nm to 999 nm in 1 nm increments
* 6- to 384- well plate reading capability
* Gen5™ Microplate Data Analysis Software included
* Automated pathlength correction for direct quantification
* Integrated detector & electronics for low-noise measurements
* Robust housing design for longevity even under heavy usage
* Take3™ Micro-Volume Plate compatibility for low volume nucleic acid quantification, BioCell or cuvette measurements
* Wavelength scanning, end point, kinetic and well area scanning
EpochR - Microplate Spectrophotometer, BioStack and 3rd party compatible
The ELx808™ Absorbance Microplate Reader provides the flexibility to manipulate and analyze your data. This multi-channel reader continues BioTek's tradition of offering the tightest specifications of any microplate reader - precise, accurate and repeatable. The ELx808 on-board diagnostic self-test and calibration test plate make it easy to confirm and document reader performance. All calculations are performed automatically. Combined with our history of quality hardware engineering, the ELx808 sets the standard for microplate readers.
As a stand-alone microplate reader, the ELx808 is designed for applications within the following areas:
* Biotechnology research
* Cell biology
* Cell counting
* Cell proliferation
* Food processing
* Kinetic ELISA
* Extensive on-board data analysis, including
- Data transformation formulas
- Assay and control validation
- Curve-fitting options: linear, 4-P, 2-P (logit/log), cubic, quadratic, cubic spline, point-to-point
- Multiple assays per plate
* Fast Kinetics
- Measurements in intervals as short as 6 seconds
- Kinetic rate, R2 or onset time reported without needing a PC
* Linear well scanning for agglutination assays
* 4-Zone™ Temperature Control
- Incubation to 50ºC
- Improved reproducibility in enzyme kinetic reactions
- Enhanced uniformity through independently monitored heaters
- Unique heated track/carrier design for minimal evaporation and edge effect
* Superior optical design
- Incorporates a staggered optical design to eliminate channel-to-channel crosstalk
- Reference channel rolls optical signal for uniform channel-to-channel signal
The ELx800™ is designed for applications within the clinical, biotechnology research and pharmaceutical laboratory. Its compact footprint and proven robust design makes it an ideal solution for many microplate based biological assays. The ELx800 can be controlled by Gen5 software, expanding the reader’s capabilities to include kinetics and well area scanning measurements. Gen5 offers unsurpassed data reduction capability as well as customizable data output options. When standalone use is preferred, the ELx800 on-board software is extensive for a variety of qualitative and quantitative applications.
* Multiple Plate Formats
- 6-, 12-, 24-, 48-, 96- and 384-well capability to meet a variety of assay needs
- Specialized applications in 60-, 72-, and 96-well Terasaki formats
* Superior Hardware Design
- Ensures optimal performance
- Provides reliable, long term use
* On-Board Diagnostic Testing
- System Test checks the entire optics path
* Compact Footprint
- Conserves valuable benchspace
* - Comes with Gen5 Reader Control Software
- Several editions of Gen5 are available to meet the assay and laboratory needs
(Gen 5 and Gen5 Secure). Gen5 Secure is compliant to 21CFR Part 11